The Royal Thai Government is pleased to invite you to the 6th Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction in Bangkok on 22-26 June 2014.
The Asia Ministerial Conference for Disaster Risk Reduction (AMCDRR) is a biennial conference in the Asia region to ensure political and stakeholder’s commitment towards Disaster Risk Reduction implementation. Five AMCDRR conferences have been organized by countries in Asia in collaboration with the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR) since 2005. Previous hosts were Beijing, People’s Republic of China (2005); New Delhi, Republic of India (2007); Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (2008); Incheon, Republic of Korea (2010); and Yogyakarta, Republic of Indonesia (2012).
The 6th AMCDRR will be hosted by the Royal Thai Government in collaboration with UNISDR. The conference will be a venue for countries, organizations and individual practitioners to meet and discuss the way forward in reducing disaster risk in the region. It will also be the final regional inter-governmental meeting in Asia before the completion of the Hyogo Framework for Action 2005-15, in January 2015 and the 3rd World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction (WCDRR) in March 2015. This AMCDRR will provide a unique opportunity for Asian DRR organizations and practitioners to shape the HFA2, the successor arrangement of the HFA.
“Promoting Investments for Resilient Nations and Communities”
Sub-theme 1 -
| Enhancing Resilience at Local levels
Sub-theme 2 --
| Improving Public Investments for Disaster and Climate Risk Management to Protect and Sustain Development Gains
Sub-theme 3 -
| Private Sector Role – Public & Private Partnership for Disaster Risk Reduction
Structure of the Conference
| June 22,23 2014
|| : Pre-conference meetings and HFA2 consultations for stakeholder groups and government representatives
| June 24-26, 2014
|| : Official Conference
The structure of the conference will have the following elements
- Pre-conference: A day or two for preparatory meetings of all stakeholder groups. A HFA2 Stakeholder consultation involving all stakeholder groups to consolidate the HFA2 inputs.
- Three High Level Round Tables (HLRT): Ministerial session for delivery of statements by ministers from the countries.
- Three Technical Sessions (TS): Technical and substantive discussions led by regional technical organizations and national working groups surrounding the three subthemes. The summary of each technical session will be finally consolidated during the plenary session.
- Plenary: To consolidate discussions from HLRT, TS, informal plenary and special sessions.
- HFA2 plenary: This plenary session will focus on discussion on HFA2, indicators and input from Asia on HFA2.
- Special Sessions and Side events: Special sessions and side events around areas of HFA2, stakeholders and the key issues related to the conference.
- DRR market place: Booths and space will be available for partner organizations to showcase/ exhibit their work in the conference venue.
- DRR Film Festival: A film festival featuring short films on DRR from the region
For more information
The 6th AMCDRR Secretariat Office:
Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation (DDPM), Ministry of Interior, The Royal Thai Government
Mr. Chainarong Vasanasomsithi, Director of Research and International , Cooperation Bureau, DDPM
Mr. Arun Pinta, Chief of Foreign Relations Sub-Bureau, DDPM
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Foreign_dpm@yahoo.com
United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction
Sujit Mohanty (email@example.com), Hang Thi Thanh Pham (firstname.lastname@example.org), UNISDR, Asia Pacific